Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Internet Addiction and Writers Block: Symptoms or Enablers of Depression?

I've spent a lot of time lately within 50 yards on my laptop. After some hard problems in late January, I had to reevaluate my goals, and had to dump some classes and quit my job due to overwhelming stress and depression. But I haven't really been doing anything. I'm horrifically blocked, having a difficult time writing anything at all. It seems rather pointless.
I'm spending a lot of time justifying my internet time, also. I've been saying how much I've been doing to improve my "followers" for "when I get published". It's really rather lame.
I joined the D20 Girls Project, and I'm waiting on an interview. I don't know what's going to come of it, but hopefully I'll at least have some interesting diversions and con time. I've already met a lot of great people there.
I also started posting vlogs on Youtube, but I only have 2 subscribers there (and one follower here). So I'm not sure how that counts. I need to advertise, but have no disposable cash with which to do so.
I tried googling the topics of one of my own blog entries just to see where it would be on the list and it turns out that it's somewhere among the 21,000 other web pages that may or may not be related.

Besides that, I actually have put 3 or so applications (one for the Examiner), but we'll see how that turns out. I added AdSense on this blog here, but I accidentally clicked on one of the ads so they'll probably ban me. I hope not, since it was an accident, but whatever.
It's such a nice day out, but instead I'm chained at the waist to this damn thing, thinking all sorts of bad things, and feeling artistically paralytic.
What the fuck is wrong with me?

No comments: